Enjoy the beauty of our championship venue at Somerby Golf Course on August 16
About our series
Triton Events is proud to offer a youth triathlon series here in the great sate of Minnesota. This race series caters to ages 6-15 of all athletic abilities. The series will consist of 3 triathlons. Race 1 & 2 will be located at Soldiers Field Park in Rochester, MN. The championship race will be located in Byron, MN at the beautiful Somerby Country Club golf course.
All races will be USAT sanctioned events and requires either a 1 day $10 USAT membership or an annual $15 USAT membership. If you are planning on doing at least 2 of the 3 races, then you will want to purchase the annual membership. All USAT sanctioned race rules apply to the series. Click HERE for USAT rules.
This is a unique triathlon series consisting of three race groups Juniors (6-8), Intermediates (9-11) and Seniors (12-15).
All race groups will compete for points in each race and the athlete with the most points in their age group will be crowned champion at the championship race on August 16. Each race will award trophies to the top 3 male and female in each race group. The championship race will award overall finishers of the series only.
All series races will be chipped timed. Race #1 & #2 will be total time only and the championship race will have splits in swim, bike & run. All 3 races will be pool swims
For those kids that are looking for more in the sport of triathlon, Triton Multisports Coaching will be on site to answer any questions on how your child can compete and train with the Cyclones Triathlon Team. Click HERE for more info on the Cyclones Tri Team.
Event details and schedule
3 Race Series Group Qualifiers
Seniors- Age 12-15 will (Swim) 200 meters, (Bike) 5.5 miles and (Run) 1.0 miles
Intermediates- Age 9-11 (Swim 100 meters, (Bike) 2.75 miles and (Run) 1/2 mile
Juniors- Age 6-8 (Swim) 50 meters, (Bike) 1.2 miles and (Run) 1/4 mile
Age Group Awards Go To Top 3 Male & Female
Seniors Male & Female 12-15
Intermediates Male & Female 9-11
Juniors Male & Female 6-8
How it works
The above age groups will compete for points in each race. The top 5 places in each group will receive points. The top 3 places, male and female in each age group will receive trophies in each race. Points will accumulate throughout the series and athletes with the most points after the championship race will be crowned series champion in their race group.
*Each competitor will receive a limited addition Triton Kids Series T-shirt if they compete at the championship race Aug 16th either as a series racer or non series racer
- The May and July races will be chip timed for total time only (no splits) by Racers Edge Timing
- The championship race will be chip timed with splits in each discipline by Final Time.
- All races are USAT sanctioned
- Race day from 7-8am under the Triton Events tent
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Race day packet pickup available from 7-8am
- Transition opens 6:30am
- Packet pickup 7-8am
- Transition closes 8am
- Course review 8:10am in transition
- First swim wave starts 8:30am
- (Race 1 & 2), 2 athletes per lane and pool is 50 meters one direction
- (Championship race) 2 athletes per lane and pool is 25 meters one direction
- (Race 1 & 2) The bike course will be a closed loop course on George Gibbs Dr. The road will be completely closed off to traffic for the entire race. Athletes will turn right onto George Gibbs and ride their specified loops according to their race group. There will be lap counters on the course, but it is the responsibility of the rider to know their lap number. A time penalty will be assessed if they ride fewer than the specified number of laps.
- (Championship race) The bike course will be on the cart path on the golf course. The course will go in one direction and will consist of loops determined by athletes race group. There will be lap counters on the course, but it is the responsibility of the rider to know their lap number. A time penalty will be assessed if they ride fewer than the specified number of laps.
- (All Races) will be an out back for all race groups